• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

TLS APO Canon DSLR - Vignetting? (1 Viewer)

Timonneke

Netherlands
Hello everyone,

After a long search I decided to purchase a Swarovski ATX 95 for digiscopes. I have a canon 50d and canon 2000d DSLR. However, I would like digiscopes without vignetting that I can observe via my smartphone (without zoom). If I use these Canon cameras in combination with the TLS APO, will I be free from vignetting?

I'd love to read your findings!

Greetings,

Timon
Netherlands

I think so, because the TLS APO is a lens for itself and is designed for ATX. I have both an APO 30 mm (the first available) and an APO 23 mm and have been using both of them with an ATX85+Olympus without any vignetting problems. They recommend 30 mm for x1,5-1,6 (as you Canon) and 23 mm for x2 cameras (as my Olympus) but as I've said any of both gave problems to me

Hello everyone,

After a long search I decided to purchase a Swarovski ATX 95 for digiscopes. I have a canon 50d and canon 2000d DSLR. However, I would like digiscopes without vignetting that I can observe via my smartphone (without zoom). If I use these Canon cameras in combination with the TLS APO, will I be free from vignetting?

I'd love to read your findings!

Greetings,

Timon
Netherlands

Or I would suggest to the get TLS APO 40 for full frame. In the future if you decided to get full frame, you can use both system with these 40 model

I tried it with the 2000d from Canon. I have to say that I think the video quality leaves something to be desired. I therefore want to make a switch to a better canon camera with APS-C censor. I'm going to buy this on the 2nd hand market because I think the depreciation for new cameras is way too fast.

Which Canon DSLRs do you recommend for digiscoping 1080p video?

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back