• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tree swallow? Phoebe? New Jersey, USA (1 Viewer)

m.skalla

Are these young Tree Swallows? Were hanging out with large flock of Barn Swallows.
? Eastern Phoebe. Only stuck around for a few seconds. Didn't see tail wagging. Bill seems long.
Both from Sussex County NJ. Taken today.

Attachments

• _K9A8811.jpg
    _K9A8811.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
  • _K9A8812.jpg
    _K9A8812.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 55
  • _K9A8829.jpg
    _K9A8829.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 52
  • _K9A8830.jpg
    _K9A8830.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 54
Really bad form to edit a post 5½ hrs after it was written and radically alter its content by removing an incorrect ID.
I agree with your sentiment but, to be fair to Ken, the radical change was, from memory, from "Yes to both" to "Yes to Tree Swallow". Whether Ken meant both of the first two shots were of Tree Swallows as the OP suggested or the IDs proposed for both types of bird is impossible to say. It was ambiguous. His subsequent post sought to clarify that he meant both of the hirundines were Tree Swallows.

Really bad form to edit a post 5½ hrs after it was written and radically alter its content by removing an incorrect ID.

FWIW “Gallery Policeman!”, my first response was deliberate to include my INCORRECT ID of EWP when it should have been GCF (didn’t see the red in the tail!😮😮😮😮😮)
How the second post “arrived” I have no idea…wasn’t my doing!
Must have been a tech glitch! at the time, as I was “having to renew my password” and was finding the validation procedure somewhat irksome!
That withstanding, have a nice day….there but for the grace god go I…..

my first response was deliberate to include my INCORRECT ID of EWP
... and you edited it, 5½ hrs after it was written, and radically altered its content by removing an incorrect ID. Please don't do such things. Thanks.

... and you edited it, 5½ hrs after it was written, and radically altered its content by removing an incorrect ID. Please don't do such things. Thanks.
😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮

Users who are viewing this thread

Back