• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripod and head for STC (2 Viewers)

REBIRDER

United Kingdom
Hi all

I am considering this tripod set up for the Swaro STC

Anyone have experience with this set up or the tripod and head? Or could suggest anything better for around that price point

I have the Manfrotto 055 with the MVH502 for my bigger scope set up but this one needs to be light and portable

Many thanks

Hi all

I am considering this tripod set up for the Swaro STC

Anyone have experience with this set up or the tripod and head? Or could suggest anything better for around that price point

I have the Manfrotto 055 with the MVH502 for my bigger scope set up but this one needs to be light and portable

Many thanks
The wording of your note suggests that you have a specific tripod set up in mind for the Swaro STC. Could you describe the tripod details you are considering? I'm considering obtaining an STC and will want to learn tripod setup ideas also.

Have you considered height?
If you are tall I know of no lightweight tripod that would be suitable for a straight scope at up to 40xmagnification. See "Tripod Primer".

John

Have you considered height?
If you are tall I know of no lightweight tripod that would be suitable for a straight scope at up to 40xmagnification. See "Tripod Primer".

John
Hi John

Yes I have and I have a set up for my bigger scope I was just wondering on here if anyone has come up with a decent combination of weight and stability for the travel scope

Thanks

I have the CCT tripod (comes with tipod pads) and CTH tripod head both from Swarovski Optik. Fully extended legs, it is higher than my height at 172cm. It is quite lightweight combo for the ATC and I do digiscoping through the smartphone with the scope. The tripod head has counter balance too. Overall, I like these combo so much.

Attachments

• _storage_emulated_0_DCIM_.convert_tmp_files_IMG20240205210533_20240207163910.jpg
    _storage_emulated_0_DCIM_.convert_tmp_files_IMG20240205210533_20240207163910.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
I have the CCT tripod (comes with tipod pads) and CTH tripod head both from Swarovski Optik. Fully extended legs, it is higher than my height at 172cm. It is quite lightweight combo for the ATC and I do digiscoping through the smartphone with the scope. The tripod head has counter balance too. Overall, I like these combo so much.
Many thanks 👍🏽

Total weight is 3070 kg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back