• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unfamilar birds to me. Who can help? (1 Viewer)

websurfer

At the risk of becoming a laughing stock, I would nevertheless take the liberty of putting the question to more knowledgeable people in here. What birds are in question on the attached video? Which I recorded close to a lake, at Grindsted, Central Jutland in Denmark. Behaves like starlings, but does not have the same shape and is also larger than starlings.. And we're in mid-December and I've never seen starling flocks in Denmark at this time of the year. But again they behave completely like starlings.

Attachments

• IMG_7535_R.mp4
    19 MB
Completely agree with the others... European Starlings in a murmuration.

The shapes they produce with this behaviour is just wonderful to watch and can seem to last for ages, before they suddenly dive down into their roost for the night. You're lucky, I've not seen a murmuration for ages now.

Starlings do occur. Below is a link to a table with observations in Denmark for the last 7 day (you may have to show you are not a computer/robot to be able to see it:

The other important lesson is that we as human beings are poor at determining size -- considerably poorer than we would like to believe.
Niels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back