• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unknown bird call near Baths of Aphrodite, Cyprus, 6 May (1 Viewer)

rubatroid

United Kingdom
Hi all, I recorded this bird call from a wooded valley near the Baths of Aphrodite in northwest Cyprus last week, but not too sure what it is. Quite a loud call - I was on a path on the other side of the valley and the sound was carrying well. Any thoughts? I guess it could be a Great Tit, sounds a bit tit-like. Not sure what else it could be. Thanks in advance for any input!

Reuben
View attachment 2023-05-06 1313 Unknown.wav

Could be begging calls of recently fledged Greenfinch. Here's two examples:
Thanks! The call seems a little too uniform and 'clean' for begging calls, and the upslur at the end of each call sounds different to all the Greenfinch begging calls I can hear. It probably doesn't help with the wind as has been mentioned. Will try and see if I can clean up the recording a little bit (any suggestions on best ways to clean up wind noise apreciated!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back