• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Visiting Vienna in mid-May, where to bird? (1 Viewer)

xdmc

United States
Hello,

I am taking the capitals of eastern europe viking cruise in mid-May. I have an hour or two on day 1 and day 2 and possible more than a half day on day three. Any suggestions on where to bird? I have seen reference to the Lainzer Tiergarden, Zentrailfriedhof (central cemetery- I have often had good results seeing several species in cemeteries), and is it the Donau-Auen National Park or is it the Lobau National Park. Are these spots accessible and close to the dock area or perhaps a short cab ride? Any suggestions?

Hi losthillsguy ! I can't help you with your questions but would like to wish you a warm welcome to BirdForum ;)

Hi, welcome to the forum. We do have an Austria sub-forum but no one has posted in it since last year. I would try posting in our Information wanted forum and hopefully someone will come along and help:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back