• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Weirwood Reservoir (1 Viewer)

Original PaulE

United Kingdom
Spent a couple of hours at Weirwood today the water levels are very low due to works being carried out on the Dam, so loads of mud about, slightly disappointingly this didn't turn out to be the waderfest I was hoping for with just a Common Sandpiper and 3 Little Ringed Plover on offer, apart from a fair few Lapwings, though I predict as the Autumn progresses there is going to be some good stuff turn up! Over thirty Mandarins present and loads of Grey Herons and Little Egrets as well, with large numbers of Great Crested Grebes out on the water!! Highlight was an Osprey that flew through just as I was leaving!
Pics were quite difficult as most stuff was distant but there are a few on the blog with a fuller report at the link below! (The butterflies at the start are from the garden rather than the reservoir!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back