• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What camera should I get for bird photography? (1 Viewer)

CactEYE

United States
So I'm a beginner bird watcher looking to get into bird photography and I have a pretty low budget for cameras (preferably low $200 or under) I'm considering getting the Kodak PixPro AZ528 and I was just wondering if anyone on this forum could help me make this decision

Hi CactEYE and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I've moved your post to the Cameras forum as they're better placed to be able to advise you. With such a low budget, I feel you may be better to look second hand, there are some very food deals for them. But let's see what they say in here, as I don't know anything about that camera.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

So I'm a beginner bird watcher looking to get into bird photography and I have a pretty low budget for cameras (preferably low $200 or under) I'm considering getting the Kodak PixPro AZ528 and I was just wondering if anyone on this forum could help me make this decision
For bird, it is best to have at least 900mm focal length reach. I've checked, Kodak PixPro AZ528 max FL is at 1248mm (35mm equiv). It should give you enough reach. Also you may want have a look at Nikon, Canon and Sony bridge camera for additional comparison.

Is it possible you could save up another 150 quid or so?

The Panasonic FZ300/330 is generally deemed to be the best budget level entry camera but a used version would be more than 200 dollars.

Also, I know people who buy their cameras from a Hong Kong company. Apparently they turn up within 5 days and have a three year warranty, and they're much cheaper. 'Not something I've done, but may be worth a look to get a bit more for your money.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back