• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What's the view through a 1996 Leica Trinovid BCA 8x20 like in 2022? (1 Viewer)

From later in the thread that post #36 links to, in relation to the various Pocket models:
. . .
The Leica Camera Forum Wiki, has several pages for Leitz and Leica Sport Optics - including binoculars and telescopes -
as can be seen in the right hand column on the main page: Leica Wiki (English)

The pages include listings of both:
• earlier roof prism binoculars: Roof-Prism Leica Binoculars - Leica Wiki (English)
• and current models: Current Leica Binoculars - Leica Wiki (English)
. . .

John

1 (800) 480-5422​
Leica Camera Inc 1 Pearl Ct A.​
Allendale, NJ 07401 USA​
I had another 800 number for them, and all of the choices went to voicemail. I ended up sending an email to the parent company's address, and they forwarded it to the Teaneck, NJ site, who responded within a day. The bins are off for a service estimate. I'll let you know how it goes.

... Indeed. While individual focus (presumably on the objective end) would work well enough at 7x, it would be a serious limitation for 9x... except perhaps hunting, but how many would want 25mm glass for that?

I wonder how the 7x20 would compare to Swaro's new 7x21.

In addition to my post 28 a quotation from Garry Hawkins book regarding the Leica 7x20B and 9x25B: "these were developed in conjunction with Leupold and were completely watrproof with individual eyepiece focusing. They sold in very limited numbers". End of quotation. That should answer all questions...
Gijs van Ginkel

Late to the party. Courtesy of a friend and fellow member I have been experimenting with the Leica 9x25B pictured in post 27 for several months. They feel great in hand and the positive audible click stops on the objective IF focusers are really satisfying. ER is good with or without glasses despite the lack of pull up eyecups. The issue is (probably due to my own ineptitude) I too often have to adjust IF on both both barrels depending on lighting conditions. Once adjusted the image is quite good. But close focus is @ 35 feet (?!). So they are interesting in many ways but not practical IMO. I would love to try the 7x20 version.

Back to the original question, the view through a Trinovid BC 8x20 (leatherette version not rubber) is quite close to the latest UV which is slightly brighter and sharper in direct comparison. But I sometimes prefer the smaller size, the focus function and the diopter of the Trinovid. For me the Trinovid is much easier to use with one hand for example.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back