• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which pair of 8x42 binoculars to buy for around 150 euro? (3 Viewers)

Which of these binoculars has the best price/quality?

• Opticron Oregon 4 PC Oasis 8x42 (160 euro)

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Vortex Crossfire HD 8x42 (140 euro)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Celestron Nature DX 8x42 (185 euro, this is really pushing it)

• Nikon Powerstaff P3 (170 euro)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vyre12

Poland
Hello all! I've recently become interested in birding and I'm currently researching which pair of 8x42 binoculars to buy here in Poland. The obvious choice would be the Vortex Diamondback HD 8x42, however with its cheapest price of 230 euro that is beyond my budget. What I've been able to find in my price range so far has been:

1) Opticron Oregon 4 PC Oasis 8x42 (160 euro)
2) Vortex Crossfire HD 8x42 (140 euro)
3) Celestron Nature DX 8x42 (185 euro, this is really pushing it)
4) Nikon Powerstaff P3 (170 euro)

Any thoughts here on which one would be the best price/quality? I'm leaning towards the Opticron Oregon 4 PC Oasis as it seems to have a phase coated prism but I can barely find any reviews or posts on it apart from the Cornell Lab one where it came out on top.

For those recommending or 'voting' for individual bins, can you please indicate if you have actually owned and used them (and the others), or whether it is just a speculative opinion?

Hello, I ended up ordering the SVBony SV202 ED 8x42 and they arrived earlier today. Wow, what an optics! They feel incredibly solid. They are super clear, bright and I have not noticed any chromatic aberration yet. Great field of vision and enough eye relief to use with glasses. I will do more testing over the weekend when I will take them out for some birding. I only managed to try the Celestron Nature DX 8x42, a Vortex Crossfire HD 8x42, a Vortex Diamondback HD 8x42 and a Nikon P3 8x42 before my SV202 ED arrived. Based on my impressions and untrained eyes, only the Vortex Diamondback HD 8x42 seemed comparable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back