• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Whinchat presumed from East Turkey on 3rd of September (1 Viewer)

bubo_bubo

The image of a Whinchat was made at Cildir Lake in north-eathern Turkey near the border to Georgia on 3rd of September. I did remember the bird well and immediately was thinking of a Stonechat. Now with the images at hand I am thinking of a young Whinchat due to the whitish eyering and the spots on the breast. But with the white throat I cannot rule out other Stonechat – esp. variagatus.

Thanks for ID to the experts.

Cheers

Johannes

Attachments

• Whinchat_80E5125.JPG
    Whinchat_80E5125.JPG
    686.7 KB · Views: 48
The image of a Whinchat was made at Cildir Lake in north-eathern Turkey near the border to Georgia on 3rd of September. I did remember the bird well and immediately was thinking of a Stonechat. Now with the images at hand I am thinking of a young Whinchat due to the whitish eyering and the spots on the breast. But with the white throat I cannot rule out other Stonechat – esp. variagatus.

Thanks for ID to the experts.

Cheers

Johannes
A nice Whinchat shot Johannes.👍

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back