• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

WIN Opticron Countryman HD Binoculars worth $500 (US / Canada Only) (2 Viewers)

For any optics, I look at:

1. Quality of picture
2. Ergonomics
3. Customer service reputation of manufacturer

I don't have a lot of binoculars, but I have bought bins, scopes and red dots from Eagle, SWFA and Optics Planet. I have purchased accessories from Neil at Cameraland NY and been pleased as well.

1. Clarity

2. Ease of focusing (don't have to scroll forever to switch to viewing at infinity)

3. Weight

Don't have a favourite optics dealer.

1. Size
2. Durability
3. Comfort

I use my binoculars often when backpacking so they need to be small and rugged, but image quality is important as well. I like to buy from the local sporting goods store so I can feel them in my hands before I spend my money.

Three most important factors in choosing binocular: (1) Quality of optics (2) weight (3) magnification

Favorite dealer is Eagle Optics in Middelton, WI due to their excellent customer service

Thanks to all of you for your contributions. The competition is now closed so I'll ask the admin team to select a winner for the main prize which is a pair of Countryman HD 8x32 binoculars.

Cheers, Pete

And the winner is.... Katemail13

Congrats to her and thanks again to all that took part.

Once I've had a chance to digest all the great info in here, I'll post you a quick summary report.

Cheers, Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back