• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Woodcreeper? - Madre de Dios, Peru (1 Viewer)

Anybody out there brave enough to have a go at identifying the bird in the attached horribly over-exposed photograph?

It was taken at the Manu Learning Centre, Madre de Dios, Peru back in 2014. I think it may be a Woodcreeper, possibly Striped, but it was actually in a garden setting rather than normal Woodcreeper territory, albeit at the edge of secondary rainforest; but my wife thinks a juvenile something else (doesn't know what!) . Any opinions welcome

Attachments

• P1110958.JPG
    P1110958.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 34
I hadn't actually noticed the bright yellow tail feathers - I thought they were part of the surrounding foliage, but checking again you are absolutely right! There was a colony of Russet-backed Oropendola at the site, so no doubt that's what it is.
Thanks for your responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back