• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yellow Warbler, Hoswick, Mainland Shetland 15 October 2023 (1 Viewer)

Farnboro John

We saw the Yellow Warbler at Hoswick on its first day but it was very windy, cloudy and occasionally raining so the photos were sub-optimal! A second go yesterday didn't even produce a sighting for us but today the weather was better with less wind and more sun: the bird responded very positively.

It was calling quite a lot this afternoon as it fed avidly in the trees at the Orca Inn, Hoswick.

No use has been made of the saturation slider, I promise!

John

0H6A1354.JPG0H6A1362.JPG0H6A1412.JPG0H6A1418.JPG0H6A1447.JPG0H6A1456.JPG0H6A1474.JPG0H6A1488.JPG

Amazing I have never seen such a lovely bird. What was your setup or was this bird friendly?
The bird could be elusive and mobile across the whole village but on this particular afternoon it was sticking to the sunny side of trees around the Orca Inn and generally viewable at reasonably close range. My set-up was a Canon R7 with the 100-400EF Mk II stuck on the front via the EF-RF adaptor.

I was there for probably an hour to get this set. It was my third visit to the bird: the first when it turned up ( a few distant pictures as it roamed the village at some speed) the second in response to a message that it was "showing very well" - by the time we arrived it had disappeared for the rest of the day!

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back