• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Winston-Salem area: where to go and what to see? (1 Viewer)

stavros_d

Hello,

I'll be visiting Winston-Salem from 11th to 23rd November.

I'd like to ask you where to go and what I possibly could expect to see.
All advices will be appreciated!
I am interested not only in birds, but generally in wildlife...

Thanks,
Stavros

BTW, what time is getting dark now?

Hi there

It's dark at 5:30 now. :(

I'm going to put out a request on my carolinabirds listserv to see how far Winston-Salem is from Hendersonville/Concord area which is the home of Jackson Park and they have had some phenominal sightings there this fall. See:

http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.asp?trailid=XFA065-039

I just don't know where it is in relationship to your area that you will be in as none of the on line maps I'm bringing up show Hendersonville. Sit tight.

Okay, let's scratch Jackson Park as migration is pretty much over. Reynolda Gardens in the Winston-Salem area is getting some good birding.

You can log on to the CBC website and click on North Carolina for some birding spots as well:

www.carolinabirdclub.org

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back