• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa TSN 603 Vs. Kowa TSN 663 Vs. Nikon Fieldscope EDIII (1 Viewer)

bunny

Kowa TSN 603 Vs. Kowa TSN 663 Vs. Nikon Fieldscope (60mm) EDIII

Compared with their respective 20-60x zoom eyepieces, which is the best optical performer?

I'm going to buy one of them, just not sure which.

Please help!

I've tested the two Kowas side by side and to me the 663 has the edges, it's a scope I'd be very happy to use. It is a bit heavier than the 603 (though not by much) but the extra 6mm will give you and edge in low light. I've not done a direct comparison to the Nikon.

November's Birdwatching magazine tested a range of small obj. ED scopes incl. all 3 of the above. You'll find some answers in there.

Quote: 'November's Birdwatching magazine tested a range of small obj. ED scopes incl. all 3 of the above. You'll find some answers in there.'

They found that the 603 was optically superior to the 663, and therefore all 603s are optically superior to all 663s. That's just the way it is, ah but don't you believe it!

Have looked at the Nikon ED50. Its very good for a miniscope, good sharp image, but limited in anything but daylight. A larger aperture in a lightweight body will suit a broader range of conditions.

andytyle

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back