• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gambell Spring Bird List (1 Viewer)

Will be going to Gambell the last week of May this year. Have been able to download a few lists of birds found there during tours. Is there a good annotated list or other article available which describes the seabirds, resident birds and status of asian migrants usually found there?

John Wright

You can get an annotated list from Paul Lehman (should be able to google his e-mail). He is the man when it comes to birding in Gambell. I'll see if he can't resend it to me. He sent it to me but it is on my other computer that just crashed. Also you might join the Beringia birding list on Yahoo groups. Paul posted many of his sightings there.

You can also use the Birds of Alaska checklist that I have attached.

Attachments

• checklist.pdf
    150 KB · Views: 296
Here is Paul Lehman's annotated list. You might also purchase Birds of the Seward Peninsula by Brinn Kessel (spelling).

Attachments

• GambellMSCurrentdoc.doc
    355.5 KB · Views: 974
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back