• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice please. (1 Viewer)

pauco

Старлин&
Hi
Has any one used or know anything about the Belkin usb 8-1
media reader? I use a Nickon coolpix 775, then download to com, is there any
advantage with these readers? thanks in advance. :h?:
bert.

Hi Bert,

From what you say, it seems you are downloading via serial cable (com port?) rather than a usb one? If this is the case, you'll find a usb cardreader lightning fast at getting your images from memory card to your pc, though I would've thought your camera would have a usb port anyway?
A big advantage of the cardreader is that you do not need to use valuable battery power from your camera when uploading to your computer....besides, constant plugging & unplugging from camera ports is likely to lead to problems after a while (with the cheaper digital cameras anyway), these camera ports are quite fragile.
Regards,
Andy

I only use card readers but have never, ever had luck with anything Belkin has made in the way of card readers.

Hi Bert

I recently bought a Belkin CF card reader(F5U140) it works fine very fast transfer rate.The reason I bought it was because when using the usb cable connected to my cp4500 it didn`t always work I kept on having to fiddle about with the plug.The reader cost me £20.00,the one you mention (F5U148) is the 8-in1 reader writer will be handy if you have more than one type of storage card.
Regards Steve.

Many thanks for all the replys, I am still very new to this digi game still a 35mil user. ok ok i know stone age!!
Andy i was using a usb cable to download, from the
camera so at least i will save on battery power!! will
give card-reader a try, again thanks folks.
bert.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back