• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Owls: Silent Hunters (1 Viewer)

Wish I could watch it too, but I'm still in the dinosaur age of 4 channels plus one that shows snow all the time!

Oh NO Helen!!!!!!
I'm lucky enough to get all the cable channels as hubby works for Telewest so can usually catch most of the wildlife stuff......if you want me to tape it for you PM your address and I'll stick it in the post!!!

Double Thanks....

How many people would go to the bother of informing you of a TV show, that they themselves will Not be able to view....!
Friendly bunch of folks here.
Hope you can get out to see some owls Helen, even if you cant view the programme!
There again, you might just have to look on YOUR backgarden fence...
(Despite last weekends poor weather i managed to see (all) five owl species over the 2 days, but cannot get all 5 of them in a single day.. (despite very many attempts!)
That 'white' bird is allways the hardest one to get.....maybe ive just got the wrong type of fence...
Stevie

Hey Steve can I have an invite to up your way? ;)
They seem to be distinctly lacking around here no matter how hard I try. I only ever come across them purely by fluke, but I'm getting closer as I keep finding pellets!

thanks for your kind words Stevie. Not seen the barn owl for a while, although I did hear some strange noises out there the other night - I didn't investigate either!

Gill - you received my PM. thanks anyway.

helenol said:
National Geographic channel.

Saturday 6 December, 2100hrs and repeated at midnight.
Owls: Silent Hunters.

Thanks for this Helen, I would have missed it but for you! My older son is now set up to record it for me, so I shall be able to watch it in due course.

OWLS Silent Hunters

OWLS SILENT HUNTERS.
On Again...... (this is one Xmas Repeat we Wont Mind!)

Xmas Day 20:00 Nat.Geographic
Xmas Day 21:00 Nat.Geographic+1

&

Boxing Day 09:00 Nat Geo.
Boxing Day 10:00 Nat Geo+1

also,
2 different programmes about extint species

Xmas Day 19:30 Nat Geo/Nat Geo +1 includes Great Auk.
Xmas Day 20:00 Animal Planet/Animal Planet+1 is N.Zealands Moa extinct?

Ste.

Cheers Steve I saw the second half of the owls prog a couple of weeks ago and it was excelent so I will catch it all next time ..ta
Denis

Silent Hunters is an amazing film - I'm fortunate that my son recorded it some new-fangled way (Sky+ and a hard disk) so he was able to make me an old fashioned video copy. I'm sure I'll watch it lots of times, and keep it for ever!!

So did I Bob. Well, christimas morning will be spent on the M40/M6 to Manchester (groan) and Boxing Day will be spent on the M6/M40/M4 to Basingstoke. A thrilling time we're going to have!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back