• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shore Larks (1 Viewer)

peteraley

Are Shore Larks around in North Norfolk at present? If so where is best? (I haven't seen any reports on Bird Guides for ages)

Also where is it best to see Bitterns (any chance of seeing them on the ground any where)?

Planning visit in early Feb

Pete Aley

Hi Pete,
Shorelarks seem to be thin on the ground this winter, there were a few in the autumn but none seem to have hung around, Holkham Bay is as good a place as any but i havent heard of any recent reports unfortunately, as for Bitterns I know that there were regular good sightings from one of the Strumpshaw hides before Xmas but dont know what the situation is at the moment, hopefully someone else will come up with some more info for you.

Holkham

Checked on Birdguides. There were 20 on beach at Holkham on 12th Jan, but none there on 16th.
Could they be hiding somewhere else along the coast?
Richard

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back