• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa Konfusion (1 Viewer)

Dialyt

The Definitive Binocular
Hi all,

I have new model Kowa TSN-603 with the new pop-up style eyepeice 20-60x. I am a bit disappointed with the eyepiece, actually, more than a bit disappointed. For me, anything over 30x is not really useable. Admittedly I trialled the performance in the worst of this winter's light conditions.

I am having second thoughts about selling the scope though, because my gripe is not with the scope but with the eyepiece. I figured maybe I could trade-in the eyepiece and get either the 20xW or 30xW.

Does anyone here have experience with these eyepieces and can tell me about their performance, preferably on the TSN-600 range?

My other gripe with the zoom was the reduced field of view, even at 20x. Do the fixed eyepieces offer a greatly improved field of view?

Thanks in advance. Your comments will help make my decision!

Well I've been using my new fixed 20xW Kowa eyepiece and it is excellent. It really brings out the best in this small scope. I'm glad I didn't succeed in selling it now! I've still got the 20-60x zoom in reserve, providing up to 40x if conditions allow.

Well I've been using my new fixed 20xW Kowa eyepiece and it is excellent. It really brings out the best in this small scope. I'm glad I didn't succeed in selling it now! I've still got the 20-60x zoom in reserve, providing up to 40x if conditions allow.

yeah the zoom is useful if u come to tropical country for birding i.e raptor that perched high on the tree and waders ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back