• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Central/Southern Greece - info request (1 Viewer)

Emma Webb

Marinelife/Biscay Dolphin Research Programme
Hi there

Just a quick query to see whether anyone has any experience of birding on Mainland Greece in the Delphi/Itea/Galaxidi/Parnassos region? I'd be grateful of any recommended sites or what to expect as am hoping to go at some point this year, but can't find any info on the places to visit in this region.

Hi there

Just a quick query to see whether anyone has any experience of birding on Mainland Greece in the Delphi/Itea/Galaxidi/Parnassos region? I'd be grateful of any recommended sites or what to expect as am hoping to go at some point this year, but can't find any info on the places to visit in this region.

It's over 20 years since I went to Delphi and Parnassos, but they were both excellent sites. At Delphi we just walked around the ruins and got Rock Nuthatch, Ruppells Warbler and Orphean Warbler, whilst at Parnassos we got Sombre Tit, Egyptian Vulture, Griffon Vulture and Ortolan Bunting among other things. If I can find any more info I'll let you know, but it was a long time ago, and I'm not sure if I have anything.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back