• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ringing total - December 2003 (1 Viewer)

John Marshall

Some BF members indicated that they would be interested in my monthly ringing totals irrespective how small the numbers may be. Consequently I have just completed my figure for December 2003.

Blackbird 8
Collared dove 2
Dunnock 1
Great tit 1
Greenfinch 13
Grey wagtail 1
House Sp. 7
Starling 4
Wren 3

A total of 40 birds.

During the course of the next few days I will show my total for 2003 for your interest. In addition I will endeavour to give you some idea of the area in which I carry out my ringing activities.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish Staff and members of Bird Forum a very Happy New Year and good birding.

Hi Andy,

With so small a sample it was difficult to tell, I did however catch two 1st winter males which I considered to be not local stock.

If I remember rightly, males with wing length <123mm = UK resident, >127mm = Scandinavian, 123-127mm is undeterminable overlap. One or two mm shorter, all measurements, for females.

Michael

I'm sure some of this will get just a bit too scientific for my abilities, but I look forward to regular ringing reports and summaries, John.

:t:

Thanks Birdman,

If my reports are of interest without being too scientific - which I dont want them to be - I will continue to support the \ringing and Banding Section of the Forum.

Michael,

The two Blackbirds had wing lengths of 126mm

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back