• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax & camera adapter question. (1 Viewer)

carsonbm

I bought the 80ED Pentax scope and the Baader micro stage digital camera adapter. I have no idea whether I am suppose to clamp the adapter to the scope eye piece or what. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Brent

Here is what I do when I need an adapter. This one is for coupling a Canon A640 to a Pentax 14mm XL eyepiece. Love those PCV plumbing fittings from Home Depot.

Attachments

• P1000476-1.jpg
    P1000476-1.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 208
  • P1000480-1.jpg
    P1000480-1.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 229
I have no idea whether I am suppose to clamp the adapter to the scope eye piece or what. Any help will be appreciated.
Brent,

Do you have the new Baader swing-out model (click-stop) or the "fixed" platform (#6030)? Fine adjustment is slightly different in these models, but basically yes, you just screw the clamp-thingy to the eyepiece (tighten just enough to keep it firmly attached), center (align) the camera lens with the EP's eyelens and finally adjust the distance so that vignetting on the camera screen is minimized (or black, round frames are sharp). If you have a zoom eyepiece, the whole thing may rotate when zooming, but it is usually advisable to stick with the smallest magnification (20x). If there is enough non-rotating part on the eyepiece barrel, you may tighten the clamp there.

Good luck,

Ilkka :t:

I bought the 80ED Pentax scope and the Baader micro stage digital camera adapter. I have no idea whether I am suppose to clamp the adapter to the scope eye piece or what. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Brent

Have not seen Baader adapter, but yes, the typical adapter clamps to my eye piece. My zoom eye piece tends to rotate, so a fixed one works better. There is then a small air gap and the camera mounts close behind the eye piece.

In this link there is at least one photo of a Baader adapter
http://www.digiscoping.co.uk/adapters.htm

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back