• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Velbon Sherpa Pro CF-635 request (1 Viewer)

Mark43

Hi all

Looking to buy one of these tripods but need something answered first.

Does anyone know the height of these with legs fully extended but with centre column down.I know its about 162cm with column up but need to know the other dimension as wife is only 5ft and a bit.

Have searched the net but cannot find the answer.

Cheers

Mark

Mark,
I recently tried a 635 & found that i would need to raise the column about 2 inches to comfortably use my Swaro angled scope (i am about 5' 9"). If your wife uses a straight through style scope then you will need a higher model than if using an angled. Dont forget also that a head will also add about 3 to 4 inches to the base height.
Regards
Rob.

Mark,
I recently tried a 635 & found that i would need to raise the column about 2 inches to comfortably use my Swaro angled scope (i am about 5' 9"). If your wife uses a straight through style scope then you will need a higher model than if using an angled. Dont forget also that a head will also add about 3 to 4 inches to the base height.
Regards
Rob.

Thanks Rob :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back