• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digital Storage Devices. (1 Viewer)

canonman77

United Kingdom
Hello, I am thinking about a Digital storage device to take out to the field, but cant make my mind up. Does anyone have any experience with the following & can give me some first hand reviews..

1st, CANON M80GB STORAGE DEVICE (£409).

2ND, JOBO GIGA VU EXTREME 120GB (479).

3RD, VOSONIC VP8860 250GB (£309).

Thats my top 3 & I cant make up my mind, so would really appreciate anyones experience with either device.

Thanks very much.
Sean.

I own the Jobo and I'm very happy with it. I did look at the Canon device, but all the info I could find said that it was horribly slow.

However, if I were buying one now I think I'd probably go for the Hyperdrive Colorspace O - 160GB of super-fast backup for just £280. I just don't use all the extras (dust detection, MP£ player, movie player) of the Jobo.

Hello, I am thinking about a Digital storage device to take out to the field, but cant make my mind up. Does anyone have any experience with the following & can give me some first hand reviews..

1st, CANON M80GB STORAGE DEVICE (£409).

2ND, JOBO GIGA VU EXTREME 120GB (479).

3RD, VOSONIC VP8860 250GB (£309).

Thats my top 3 & I cant make up my mind, so would really appreciate anyones experience with either device.

Thanks very much.
Sean.

I have had the Vosonic VP8390 for a couple of years now, and have been most satisfied with it. I suspect the VP8860 is an upgrade. I haven't checked.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back