• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Info for Zamora, Guyamisa in S. Ecuador needed (1 Viewer)

Phaethon

I have a nephew just posted to Guyamisa as a Peace Corps volunteer in Ecuador. We are hoping to visit in one year and would like recommendations for lodges in the Zamora area near Podocarpus National Park and any guides for the area.

Thanks,

BA

Copalinga Lodge.Look it up. Great cabins, food, birding. The owners are great people too. Her e-mail is [email protected]. (Catherine Vits)
I would also visit the "western" part of podocarpus, called Cajanuma, just 20minutes outside Loja. Zamora -and Copalinga) are in the "eastern" part of the park, called Rio Bombuscaro.
Jose

Jose:

thanks for the great recommendation. Looking forward to visiting there next year, appreciate the help.

Brian

I visited the Vits before the Lodge was open, great little place, their garden list is amazing. There is also accomodation in nearby Zamora, just a short walk along the road. Podocarpus is fantastic, the area just up the road from Copalinga is wonderful, several easy trails to walk, waterfalls, gorges. The birdng is difficult of course but the insect life is off the scale, that is very interesting, not annoying. I would love to go back over and over again.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back