• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone use a Giottos screen protector? (1 Viewer)

amelia1730

I'm thinking of buying a Giottos screen protector for my Pentax K100D Super. Does anyone have experience of this product please? Is it easy to fit? Would it be easy to remove without damaging the camera? etc etc. How easy is it to damage the camera LCD anyway? Do I really need this protection?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

For anyone wondering about the Giottos screen protectors and hoping for an answer to this post, I can now tell you about this product myself. I purchased the 2.5" screen for my Pentax K100D Super and it fits a treat. Easy to apply but needs to be done carefully in case you get it skewed and it sticks fast! They say you can heat with a hairdryer to remove but as you know things aren't always as easy as they sound. Very pleased with my purchase and at £17.99 from WE I can now rest easy knowing that my Pentax screen is protected and wont cost a fortune to repair if it takes a nasty knock. It also looks classier than the stick on pop up type of protector - in fact it looks part of the camera itself.

Hi Steve

Yes, looks like the one. Unfortunately it's no longer listed on the website I bought it from (Warehouse Express) - they only have the 2.0" or the specific Canon/Nikon ones.

In this article -

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Giottos-AEGIS-LCD-screen-protector -

it mentions the SP8251, but I couldn't track it down so think I used the
SP8252 instead. I think the screens for the K10D and the K100D are the same size. Correct me if I'm wrong, someone......

Be careful how you apply it, in a dust free area. I had a "dry run" without taking the backing off first to see how steady my hands were at positioning it correctly! I'm really pleased with it (good quality, does the job, inexpensive) and less nervous about damaging this vulnerable area of the camera.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Amelia

screen protector

Hi Amelia, Thanks for such a fast reply.:t: I have been thinking of buying something to protect my screen and this looks like it would be very good.I clicked on your article and it is a lot of help. I was wondering if you lined up the screen protector WO taking off the backing off and used a piece of tape at the bottom to mark it with side to side etc marks on the tape. This would help locate up and down as well as side to side. I like the idea that the screen protector is AR coated.
Regards,Steve

Hi Steve

I think I just placed it over the camera screen with the backing on (or I may have just used the plastic guide thing in the packet) to see how much of the area it covered and then did it all by eye really. I have got quite a good eye for seeing if things are straight and because it is the right size for the screen it was fairly easy to position. If you made a mistake it wouldn't show much (just bug you a bit, if you're anything like me!) I think in that article it said that if you don't get it on straight you can heat it with a hairdrier. Small fingers like mine help too.

I would certainly recommend this product.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards
Amelia

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back