• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

TV - Sunday 1st Feb (1 Viewer)

Elizabeth Bigg

Addicted member
Just a reminder - the red squirrel programme is on BBC2 at 5pm - for 10 whole minutes!!!

Natural World at 5.40pm looks interesting - these are the details on the BBC programme website:

The struggle to bring ospreys, red kites and sea eagles back from the brink of extinction is Britain's greatest wildlife success story. Thanks to a few dedicated people these magnificent birds of prey are recovering fast, and after over 100 years absence they may even be about to reclaim the skies of southern England.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/whatson/services.shtml

Thanks for the reminder Elizabeth. I knew the later was on but forgot to mention it in my earlier thread.

So do I tape the wildlife or Time Team? Typical isn't it all the good programs on at the same time.

Me too. It was fantastic viewing and very uplifting as these guys recounted the tales of their struggles from years gone by.

Thankfully, things seem to be on the up on all 3 fronts...

Need another tv so there's one for Time Team & one for the wildlife. Won't get used the rest of the week though, only on sunday.

And cop that comment about releasing Sea Eagles in Norfolk & Suffolk .... I'll have some of that !!

Superb photography,I just wish I had seen that view of the Ospreys when we visited the Bassenthwaite Osprey centre.There is ,in fact,a better view from the main road which passes the woods where they were nesting,than from the Osprey viewpoint.
Christine

Carlos GY said:
And cop that comment about releasing Sea Eagles in Norfolk & Suffolk .... I'll have some of that !!
In the same breath he mentioned the larger estuaries too, hope he had the Exe in mind. I'd help out!!!!

Oh Bother, I missed it, the house was full to the gunwales and I was flat on my back! I am so sorry to miss these things, but if I'd tried to watch it all I would have got was a snow storm because of the gales! Anyone know if they will repeat this sometime? Terrestrial gets ruined with the wind and trees, and to add to the frustration now the neighbours trees are removing the digital channels, and it cost me £65 for the pleasure of it! Blasted leylandii!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back