• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What brilliant service!! (1 Viewer)

Reader

Not sure if this is the right forum but I have to tell you of a certain photography store that has gone beyond the call of duty for me. It is Jessops.

Just about 14 months ago I purchased a 2nd hand CP 990 and within a couple of months I was having major problems with it. I rang them up and they said, "no problem, bring it in and we will exchange it for another one". They would just transfer one from a nother part of the country to their store and I could pick it up. I did just that and became a proud owner of another condition 1 CP 990. August last year saw this latest 990 develop major problems so I rang them up again. "No problem" they said. "Bring it in and we will get one transferred from another shop and we will swap it over". Brilliant. Again they did a swap. Imagine my horror when this latest one developed a really bad fault this Tuesday, reset itself yesterday only to go dead on me today.

I rang up the store but of course my warranty period should have been over by now as I had only a years guarantee. "No problem" they said again. "If you have got the receipt from the latest exchange then you are still under guarantee". So I went to the store with my camera because this time I was a bit nervous about getting another 990 with all the problems I have had.

The manager thought over a few things then gave me an offer I couldn't refuse. He had a brand new CP4500 for sale at £449. He said that if I was interested he would do it for £399 and allow me the full price that I paid for the CP 990 (which was £300). This meant that I only had to pay £99 for a brand new CP 4500.

I am now the proud owner of a brand new CP 4500. The only problem now is that i have got to get used to it.

How's that for service? Can anyone beat that for after sales service?

Dang! It would almost be worth moving to England to have a store like that around. Good for you Reader and good for Jessops.

Yes my dealings with Jessops have been very positive too.

Good to hear good things about service these days. Lots of big stores nowadays have forgotton customer service and seem to offer a couldn't care less attitude.

Quote from their chief executive Derek Hine, in the Jessops catalogue :- "Most importantly of all, we remain as commited as ever to providing you with the highest standards of customer care"

Roger

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back