• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Waxwings anybody? (1 Viewer)

stevo

Hi all

Looked on birdguides just now a few of the above arriving on the east coast of the uk.I wonder what srt of winter we`ll have for them?:bounce::cool::D

Steve.

Hi had a look around Cannock chase last week thats were i have seen them last Year.Off to Donna Nook in two weeks time so i will keep a look out for them.

Relatively mild still here in north-eastern Europe, very few moving through as yet - small flocks, but not as yet the big flocks that usually preceeds the arrivals into Britain

Seems to be a few around today on the birdguides map. 22 here in Thurso and a good few reports from Orkney.

Can anyone tire of seeing these wacky birds?! Not me......
[saw the B.Overy Staithe one's today]
Shite they were good......hair do's blowing in a cool northeasterly wind....brilliant!!
You gotta luvem ain't you.?!

Couple of surprisingly large flocks in the West Highlands today 100 or so in both Arisaig and Ullapool. Quite a few small flocks in the Outer Hebs in the last couple of days.

Cheers,
Andrew

Two reported in Lowestoft Suffolk. my regular site has yet to produce. what with lots of Scandinavian Migrants hitting our coastline this autumn and a hard winter forecast I do expect it to be a record year.

Theres a lot going through southern Norway at the moment - had flocks both yesterday and today.

I took the picture below in Kristiansand a couple of weeks back during a trip at work. I'd just popped ashore to go to the shops, saw and followed a few Waxwing flocks, found them feeding and started taking pictures. However, after snapping a few record shots I realised I wasn't in the best of places - in between a public lavatory and a childrens playground probably isn't the best of places to be hanging around with a telephoto lens!

Attachments

• waxwing_5568b.jpg
    waxwing_5568b.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 137
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back