• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding North West Magazine (1 Viewer)

Stephen Dunstan

Members in the north west of England may be interested in this new monthly publication. The first issue has just come out, and has features on the Caernarfon Hume's and Anglesey Little Bunting.

It costs £20 for 12 monthly editions. I have no vested interest in it, but have subscribed and thought people might like to know of its existence.

Stephen.

Hi Stephen, I was contact by the guys this morning about doing a couple of Manx-based articles for them.
I haven't seen it yet, but I believe the January issue is winging it's way to me as we speak.
I'm looking forward to seeing it. £20 for 12 issues is a bargain.
Chris

Will it last though? I seem to remember two similar mags, the first one folded after 1 issue and as far as i know the money wasn't paid back to subscribers, as for the second attempt I think it just died a death, I mean lets be honest Anglesey and Caernarfon are in Wales not really the North West in my verdict.

Perhaps not, but that doesn't mean they should receive all the encouragement we can give them.

The second one lasted for two years. Who knows how long this one will last? Nothing lasts forever anyway so if it managed a couple of years as the last one did I would be delighted to have it to read for that period.

This one is being done by DTP at the outset to keep costs down so maybe it has a better chance anyway.

Stephen.

I would certainly be prepared to risk £20 to help get a new magazine off the ground; the best of luck to them.

Unfortunately in all the posts so far there is no mention of any contact details.

Alan Hill

I was sent the contact details so here they are.

Basically, it is £20 for a year
Send a cheque to
'CAW Birding'
2 Westbourne Road,
West Kirby,
Wirral.
CH48 4DG.

My word that is close to me.. I can always bang on the door and demand mine and anyone else's money back :)

4 mins on a push bike...

Got my freebie today. It looks OK for the money.
Actually, it looks very good indeed for the money.
I'll be subscribing forthwith.

Chris

The second edition of this is now out. I've written a piece on my patch and there is also stuff on the Cumbrian Crane, Great Grey Shrikes and raptors at Parkgate.

They say the number of subscribers is above expectations so hopefully it will last as it is very good value at the price for 12.

Stephen.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back