• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How do I get rid of a mouse (1 Viewer)

Stranger

Just picked up the camper van from storage only to find we have a stowaway.
It has started to eat the seating and left mouse pooh all over the work surfaces.
Not too bothered at the moment as I can always get the seats recovered but I don`t want it chewing through the wiring or anything more expensive.
Where can I get a humane trap to catch the little pest.:cat:

I think I saw some in Wilkinsons a few weeks back. I bought one from a random general hardware store about 6 months ago, cost £5 or so - it worked for us. Triptrap I think it was.

Most hardware stores will stock either the old fashioned ones or the ones that are plastic where you put food in the end the mouse goes in and the door shuts and you can then realease them away from your house etc.

Is there any way you could run some electric supply into your van for a day or so as you could always get some of the ultrasonic plug in repellers. We got some a few years ago as we had a mouse that had found its way into the kitchen via the gap around the gas pipe and we have had no problems since we got these.
http://www.selections.com/GF1385/ultrasonic-mouse-and-rat-repeller/?utm_source=shopsubmit&%24%24tid=UBqdWCqAqrKJ2p3v9HDvxJeGdqWdUszR4s27i-8phti2MmKXXlnyaOoBw3GzbIBR

Thanks Dan and Marmot.
I popped out to our local Wilkinsons and they did indeed have some traps.
Not Humane though,but I bought a couple anyway.
We are now waiting with baited breath (and traps) for the outcome.
Hopefully all the noise will have scared it away.

Put chocolate mixed with pork-fat in the trap. Never fails. (Don´t use our pork-fat, though, you don´t want the little feller to suffer dioxin-poisoning before he´s decapitated).

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back