• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mexico City (1 Viewer)

M Collard

Hi all,

I am likely to be in Mexico City for a few days at the end of January with work; I am aiming to fly out a couple of days early or go back late to get some birding in.

I wonder if anybody can offer any advice/ help/ guiding etc?

Sincere thanks

Mike Collard
UK

Bring the Howell and Webb guide AND a North American field guide. I do not have specific location information very close to Mexico City, but hopefully someone will be around shortly.

Niels

Thanks for this adviCe; I was hoping to locate a guide for a couple of days but have emailed a number of companies with no replies, so any further help much appreciated

Seems like the pyramids may get me a couple of new species

Best

Mike Collard
UK

Hello Mike,

The moutains just south of Mexico city have a couple of excellent places: La Cima, Coajamulco... (they're all in the direction of Cuernavaca). It's just a few hours drive (taking into account the madness that is Mexico City trafic) of the Capital.

Another excellent place is Popocatepetl.

Inside Mexico city: the UNAM botanical gardens as has been mentioned.

Cheers,

filip

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back