• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New 30x eyepiece (1 Viewer)

Steve Gross

I just started using the 30x Wide-angle eyepiece for the Raven scope. I'm quite pleased at the general quality of it, preferring it over the original 20-60x.

The exit pupil is not as wide as the more expensive scopes, but it's adequate.

The sharpness is not as great as the more expensive scopes, but it's adequate.

The brightness is just fine for my purposes.

If I ever strike it rich, I'll buy a Leica or Swarovski, but until then I'm satisfied with the Raven setup. I use a carbon fiber tripod and a Bogen fluid head, and the outfit is light and easy to use.

I see the new eyepiece as a marked improvement over the original setup, and recommend it to others.

Steve in Houston

Steve, This is just a long shot but here goes. I recently purchased the Raven 78mm angled scope and am very pleased with the results. The 30x wide angle eyepiece is no longer available. If you or someone else you know is looking to sell one I am interested. I have tried every angle to locate one but have had no luck. It's too bad Eagle Optics ( or their foreign suppliers ) don't realize that this scope along with a better eyepiece would be a damn good combination. The zoom is very good from 20-40 but after that you can forget it. My pleas to Eagle Optics have fallen on deaf ears.

Hi, there:

I still own and use my Raven with the 30x wide-angle, but there is a chance that I may be getting a new scope soon (if a deal I'm trying to finagle on a digital SLR falls through).

I'll keep this posting in case something breaks your way.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back