• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Nikon Binoculars .... ? (1 Viewer)

trealawboy

Hello

I seem to recall reading recently, somewhere on BF possibly, that Nikon are expected to launch a new range of binoculars in the near future.

Can anyone shed any light on this rumour?

I guess, something a little lighter that their current HG DCF range is on the cards.

I posted a quick comment about it, don't know much really. A outdoor writer at a hunting forum I frequent mentioned something to that effect. I emailed him and asked for more info. He replied that on a hunt trip with a nikon marketing big wig he was told about the new lighter top grade line. He expected them to be introduced at the SHOT show, but aparently that did not happen since the shot show was a couple weeks ago.

I did call nikon to ask about it and guy was funny about it ---- "did you hear we were coming out with a light weight ......" but claimed he had not heard of anything like that.

Like everybody is saying -- its only a matter of time, everyone is going lighter.

Jad

HG Prices

Browsing Warehouse Express this morning I noticed that the HG 8/10x42s are down from 729 and 799 to 649 and 699 ukp respectively. Could this be the first hint that a change is coming?

Chris

zurtfox said:
Browsing Warehouse Express this morning I noticed that the HG 8/10x42s are down from 729 and 799 to 649 and 699 ukp respectively. Could this be the first hint that a change is coming?

Chris

I would imagine that the intro, having missed SHOT, will now be at the British Bird Fair in August. We can also expect the Zeiss FL, 8 & 10x32 Ultravids and maybe a Leica 82 or 85 scope. Plus at least one big surprise...........hopefully.

Clive

william j clive said:
I would imagine that the intro, having missed SHOT, will now be at the British Bird Fair in August. We can also expect the Zeiss FL, 8 & 10x32 Ultravids and maybe a Leica 82 or 85 scope. Plus at least one big surprise...........hopefully.

Clive

What exactly is the big surprise you had in mind. In addition to your list, perhaps an 8.5/10 EL with revamped focussing?

Dave

blimey, who needs better bins than we've already got - at the kind of prices they'll be at any rate.

Stick with your Swaro 8.5 x 42, Hgs, etc and instead have a pint or three at the Bird Fair B :) , maybe buy a nice book and help save Gurney's Pitta and the North Peruvian endemics etc. with a tenner (you'll still be £650 up!). :bounce:

You can then have a flutter on Forktail Palace in the five-a-side (take it from me they're a shoe-in....no contest!) They dont call me the Franco Baresi of birding.....er.... for nothing you know!...... :eek!:

Blincodave said:
What exactly is the big surprise you had in mind. In addition to your list, perhaps an 8.5/10 EL with revamped focussing?

Dave

A year ago I would probably have been very pleased to see a new 8.5 with faster focussing, now after nearly three years I have become accustomed to all the twirling. I now have very finely toned fingers! Generally tend to use a faster focussing pair now when bush-bashing, just in case I miss anything.

No idea what to expect at this year's Fair, and dont really care now, as it turns out that I am working that entire weekend!

Clive

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back