• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

bird friendly bed and breakfasts in Bedfordshire (1 Viewer)

crimson skies

Hi all,
I am afraid I have just found these bedfordshire based threads, even though I life in bedfordshire. I am just here to point out a few things. There are 2 B&B's in bedfordshire that my family runs. Here are their links:

http://www.highfield-farm.co.uk/
and
http://www.bourneendfarm.co.uk/
They are both local patches for me, and, (even though I do say so myself ;) ),they have a staggering aray of birds. Both are on farms, highfield on 300 acres, and bourne end on 400 acres, and before alot of the work on the lodge in sandy, there were a few RSPB people staying at highfield, and they commented on how the farm had more birds then the lodge at the time. Bourne end farm was just opened a couple of years ago, but we have alot of kites and buzzards over there.

worth a visit if you are going through and need a place to stay for the night, and want a walk before you go ;)

Unfortunatly, my parents wont let people walk willy-nilly over the land, U usually have to book, unless you are doing an official servey of some sort ;).

I will get a list of birds shortly, and there RSPB status, (red for rare, orange for infrequent and green for common)
The list will be from an RSPB servey a couple of years aog, with som additions from me ;)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back