• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Montrose Basin geese roost (1 Viewer)

BirderJan

In what parts of the basin does the geese roost when the numbers are high? I am studying geese roosts and what demands the geese have for a roost.
Is it possible to give a somewhat precise location perhaps in relation to the border between the wildfowling area and the birdsanctuary?
And how close to the eastern side of the reserve do they stay?
Where is the best place to study the geese?
Jan

Have you tried contacting the Scottish Wildlife Trust for details about this? They would be best placed to comment in detail on this as they have rangers who work there.

Scottish Wildlife Trust has not answered. The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds did not answer either when I had questions about the beangeese at Buckenham-Cantley. I am disappointed.
Jan

Oh my goodness, when i first saw this thread, i thought its heading was:

Montrose Basin Geese Roast

Imagine my disappointment - it's a lovely spot for some al fresco cooking

:eek:)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back