• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minox BF 10x42 BR (1 Viewer)

I've been seeing these being blown out for less than $200. What's up? Are they made in New Guinea? Are they made from recycled coke bottles? Are they just empty tubes?

Camera Land only has them in the 10 x 42 size. $139.00 or so. Specs don't mention phase coating--notes that they have Bak4 roof prism design. 345' FOV.
Bob

Cameraland NY is one of two places I feel comfortable ordering on line from. So far as I can tell they are top notch.

A 'BF' ??

I know Minox put BR onto the end of every bino designation so we just ignore that bit, but we've never come across a BF...

Can you enlighten us? Or is it one of the usual suspects BL / BV / BD / HG ???

The 2nd group of letters BR or BP means (If my memory is correct) that they are Roofs or Porros. The BF designation is new to me--it's certainly the least expensive, cheaper even than the BV's which can also now be found at sale prices. The BD's (some) have aspheric technology and the HG's appear to be their top of the line with aspheric and, in some, ED glass. It is all terribly confusing!
Bob

Must be a USA exclusive then, in the UK we've never handled BVs in any colour other than Green (with black eyecups / focus wheel) and certainly never heard of anything called a BF. Hey ho, you live and learn!

Must be a USA exclusive then, in the UK we've never handled BVs in any colour other than Green (with black eyecups / focus wheel) and certainly never heard of anything called a BF. Hey ho, you live and learn!

I didn't realize that was you who posted that comment ... you would know!

Yes, they must be a US only version (perhaps for the hunters or something?) though the folks over a 24hourcampfire seem to be happy with them.

Anyhow the BV 10x42 is here

http://www.minox.com/index.php?id=1539&L=1

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back