• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Back from Goa (1 Viewer)

tchagra

Hi Folks

Well been back a week from trip to Goa,in India,90-100 degrees every day,clear skies and a light sea breeze,and plenty of birds to boot,a 5* hotel on the beach in 35 acres of grounds,all the facilities you can think of,great authentic Indian and Goan cuisine,friendly people,no hassels,pretty much a paradise.

Will definitely go back for another 2 or 3 weeks late this year or early next ,but this time go to the N.Goa area,this time in S.and too far from some of the birding hotspots.,plus a side trip further N.or poss.a week down in Sri Lanka tacked on the end!!!!!! Lots of planning ahead on all the logistics.

Only used a local guide for a half day as prices were higher to get someone down to where we were based,so the total of birds and mix of species we found mostly ourselves was quite satisfying and without early morning starts ,with long siestas and short evening walks for most of the time.

Well,back to earth with a bump this week,today its raining,lets hope the spring is not a s bad as it was last year for my spanish ringing programme.

It looks like another grotty ringing season on Gibraltar however.

My semi resident ringer has supplied me with all the records he has for each week so far and I will post them on as attachments as he has gone to a lot of trouble to do them for me and the first 1 is with this message and rest will follow immdeiately.

It makes for interesting reading nonetheless,it shows how poor the migration is becoming on the rock but the same cannot be said for mainland Spain.

If rain abates may be able to get to my olive grove site this p.m.to get nets up ready for an early morning session tomorrow.

Your Spanish correspondent

Ricardo

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back