• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camo taped 883 (1 Viewer)

RJM

Don't Worry, Be Happy!
Even though I have the matching Kowa carry case, I find it a pain to use. So following my success with taping my Nikon ED50, I did the same with Kowa 883.

cheers,
Rick

Attachments

• IMG_1537 (640x360).jpg
    IMG_1537 (640x360).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 839
Last edited:
Hi Rick

what is the surface of the tape like, it looks like a padded surface or is it more like a duct tape weave. What do you think the durability will be like?

daf

Kinda like a thick gauze similar to the wrap used on tennis rackets. I few overlapping layers gives a nice rubberized feel. Really cool stuff.

Rick

Hi Rick, I really enjoy what you are doing with your scopes. Looks great. Thanks for taking the time to post. Do you think this stuff would work for tripod legs?
Regards,Steve

Hi Rick, I really enjoy what you are doing with your scopes. Looks great. Thanks for taking the time to post. Do you think this stuff would work for tripod legs?
Regards,Steve

Yes Steve it does,slightly different tape(its what your bowhunters use in the states) but works really well.

Attachments

• scope in car.jpg
    scope in car.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 418
Hello Bob how you doing.

I found it on ebay for £4.75+ postage from the states. The blurb on it looks good.

But how do you compress/expand the tripod legs with tape on them? On my Induro, the fit is so tight between sections that air hisses out when compressing the legs for travel.

Rick

Last edited:
But how do you compress/expand the tripod legs with tape on them? On my Induro, the fit is so tight between sections that air hisses out when compress the legs for travel.

Rick

Hi Rick,
The camo tape is only attached to the top section of the tripod legs,great for carrying when your hands are a bit cold,I have also taped the tripod head,scope and camera,I have camo material socks on the other sections of the tripod legs,leaving enough room to be able to open and close those leg section clamps that are covered.
I hope you can make out what I am talking about from the shots attached.:t:

Attachments

• P1000220.JPG
    P1000220.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 363
  • P1000221.JPG
    P1000221.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 301
  • P1000222.JPG
    P1000222.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 294
Can someone tell me if the tape/wrap is available at the moment for someone living in Europe? I have found it in US stores but they do not ship to Europe.

Thanks again Rick, this wrap is really something. I can´t really understand how it works, but is an amazing material and it made my tripod a lot more comfortable.

Oh, nice! Did not know that, SOC:s usually make the package more expensive and you did not even mention it ;) Frank.com make very good deals, it seems!

Sorry for high-jacking your very interesting thread RJM!

Yes you do. It is packed right on top of the scope.

;)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back