• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds interact with man (1 Viewer)

What a lovely ledge and in such in inaccessible place for most predators!
Surely however designed the bridge in the first place must have known that birds would nest on its ledges. Look at any bridge in any town and you will see the obvious signs of birds' occupation.
The architects should be held liable for the damage/repairs.

They design unlimited public poles, lights etc. with no consideration for the birds. Birds often nest in dangerous places as well.

Every expressway overpass has Rock Doves under it around here.

Thanks,Tero,yes the same problem does happen over here.But at least your authorities are doing their best to protect the birds.
Tero,I live by the sea,and my neighbours hate the seagulls due to all the" calling cards"left on car bodywork.I feed them,(the Gulls) but have to do it very quietly,otherwise I get lots of dirty looks!!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back