PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Info Need For China

NorfolkHummer
Thursday 14th May 2009, 13:25
Can someone give me the link to a birdwatcher who leads tours in China who I believe is Welsh and is married to a Chinese lady - I believe he is known as "China boy" but I cannot find the link on the internet.

marie b
Thursday 14th May 2009, 14:44
Can someone give me the link to a birdwatcher who leads tours in China who I believe is Welsh and is married to a Chinese lady - I believe he is known as "China boy" but I cannot find the link on the internet.

I suspect you may be looking for "China guy", on BF and here http://sichuanbirds.blogspot.com/

NorfolkHummer
Thursday 14th May 2009, 14:53
Thank you - I knew I had to be doing something stupid like looking up the wrong name Regards Norfolk Hummer

Marmot
Thursday 14th May 2009, 15:28
Yes its Sid and Meggie Francis you are after...they do my favourite blog on BF and is known as china guy on here.
http://www.birdforum.net/blog.php?b=1486 it does have contact details you need on it.....you may have just have missed them as on the last blog entry they were ready to go on a trip.

mcaribou
Thursday 4th June 2009, 14:53
I lead tours in China too:)

POP
Thursday 4th June 2009, 17:10
I think you may possibly be thinking of Dr Martin Williams,he used to live in Hong Kong,but may live on the mainland now.

POP

MKinHK
Monday 8th June 2009, 02:27
China is so big that it matters where you want to go.

apart from M Caribou above . . .

Martin Williams is still leading tours and is also still living in HK.

Sid Francis is the Welshman living in Sichuan.

I have guided in China since 1994 , but am now more constrained by work & family commitments.

Jesper Hornskov also guides in China, but I don't have a live email address at present.

Cheers
Mike

china guy
Friday 12th June 2009, 08:04
I believe I might be the person in question - our area of birding is sichuan. We've just come back from 28 day stint - everything West is once again open!!!!!!!!!
More news of the latest trip on our birdforum blog.