• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Svalan and Club300 (1 Viewer)

kristoffer

Used Register
I have a question about Svalan and Club300. I have noticed that a lot of people got plenty more reported birds on Club300 then on Svalan. I was under the impression that all observations on club300 was registered on svalan and vice versa. But in fact the only update they do combined is that the big birds alerts on club300 are sent to svalan and nothing on svalan is sent to the lists on club300, right?
So because of this some people never send their observations to Svalan?

I'm not sure, since I know nothing about Club 300, but I would guess that they have a system separate from Svalan, simply because I haven't seen anything about an option to report from Club 300 on Svalan...

I'm not sure, since I know nothing about Club 300, but I would guess that they have a system separate from Svalan, simply because I haven't seen anything about an option to report from Club 300 on Svalan...

yeah, i guess thats right. but it says that svalan is made in cooperation with club300.

They are different systems.

Club300 has BMS, the Bird Messaging System, for members. Reports on this system are relayed to Svalan with a delay of a few hours.

Members can also report their ticks to Club300, regardless if you have reported this bird via BMS or not.

When you join Club300 you can specify your current list, but these aren't relayed to Svalan.

Svalan is a general system for everyone. Some people use it for maintaining their lists, some just for occasional reports.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back