• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Worth getting these Bushnell 10x42s repaired? (1 Viewer)

Bosque

I've got this pair of Bushnell 10x42 waterproof (the only other info on the binocular is FOV 322, so I'm not sure what model this is), and the collimation is really messed up. They worked for a couple months over the summer, when I got them back out again last winter, they made me see double.

What is Bushnell's warranty service like, is this something that they would even fix? What are other repair options, or should I even bother?

If it's still under warranty send them back. They may recollimate them or they may just send you a new bin.

There are plenty of Bushnell 10x42 models ... is it roof or porro?

The definitive way to tell is to look for it's model number which will be something like 12-3456 (6 digits). Most likely it will be xx-1042 (but not always though they often use the magnification and objective diameter in that product code). Then Google for Busnell and that product code.

Should you do it? Are they worth more than the shiiping and handling to get them back to Bushnell in KS? Only you can know!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back