• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Good news for oiled birds (1 Viewer)

Suricate

Australian researchers have come up with an Iron powder spray with the consistency of talc that is sprayed onto contaminated birds and then removed by strong magnets, apparently this does not affect the bird in anyway and leaves the birds` waterproofing intact.
Suricate

Only problem reported so far is that the birds have had their polarity reversed and now fly North in the winter!

Actually it is good news though.

cuckooroller said:
Yeah, I know it's April Fools but I'm hoping that it is true as we often have sea birds in trouble here in Italy.
It`s no April fools joke,
It was reported on Discovery channel news and has been successful in cleaning off 97% from birds.
They have also developed a form of particle that will remove 100% of contamination.
Suricate

Of course, just because it was on the telly doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't an April fool. But then I didn't see it so I accept your opinion.

Jason

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back