• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pine Crossbills (1 Viewer)

griffin

I have just bought a secondhand copy of "Pine Crossbills" by Nethersole-Thompson (1975) and have noticed a printing error on page 213, removing a large chunk of the text ( Appendix 2, with times 14.47 to 17.14 down left hand column. I think mine is a first edition ( Poyser ).

Does anyone else have a copy that has this page intact and is willing to scan it and e mail it to me as an attachment? I would be most grateful, it cost me £48 !!!! :eek!:

Many thanks,

Linz

I've scanned it but you'll have to 'pm' me your email address as I don't think it's possible to attach anything to the 'pm' or 'email' links from these threads

Adey

Adey Baker said:
I've scanned it but you'll have to 'pm' me your email address as I don't think it's possible to attach anything to the 'pm' or 'email' links from these threads

Adey

Thanks Adey,

My price tag had been cut off ! Seriously, the one I got was cheap - there was one for £80 on abebooks.com ! apparently people collect the Poyser's thus explaining the extortionate amount.

Cheers,

Lindsay

Last edited:
I'm amazed at the price of some books nowadays - I've also got the 'Hen harrier' Poyser book that was mentioned in another thread recently plus a few other Poysers and 'New naturalist' series.

Added to these I've also got over 25 years of 'British Birds which must be worth a few quid.

I've told my wife that if I suddenly 'keel over' that she mustn't just take any price for them 'just to get rid of them' - they should pay for my funeral!

Also, as I've sent you the page I would suggest that you edit-out your email address from the above post to avoid spammers 'gleaning' it

Adey

Cheers Adey,

I got the Jpeg and it has printed fine. Will take out the E address as you say though I get spammed constantly - 39 out 40 this morning were junk !

Hang on to those books dude !!

Best

Linz

Lindsay Cargill said:
Hang on to those books dude !!

The books stay whilst I stay!

Mind you, I've been trying for some time to work out how to afford a new digital SLR camera...

Some of those 'New Naturalist' series are a bit obscure: 'Climate and the British Scene,' 'Pollination of Flowers,' 'World of the Soil' and a first edition of 'Grass and Grassland' - I wonder if 'Jessops' do a trade-in on books....only kidding!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back