• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Common Fiscal or Fisccal Flycatcher? (1 Viewer)

angi-p

Hey there,

maybe you can help me to identify this bird (Westcoast, South Africa January).
I`ve already posted it on the general forum but did not get the answer I expected because I already decided myself for Common Fiscal.
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Angi

Attachments

• image0045klein.jpg
    image0045klein.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 116
The picture is not great, but it looks like a fiscal flycatcher.

Check my photos - especially the wing-bars & bills.
Dave

Attachments

• fiscal flycatcher.jpg
    fiscal flycatcher.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 78
  • common fiscal.jpg
    common fiscal.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 80
I decided for the Common Fiscal because of the longer white edged tail. And if I do a closeup it`s definetly more a hooked bill. But it`s difficult because as you`ve said the picture is not great:-(

Thanks
Angi

Looks more like a Common Fiscal to me because of the particularly long, white-edged tail and the way the white wing-bars start near the shoulder and curve round to the back.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back