• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon customer service. (1 Viewer)

stevo

Just recieved my eos 10D back from repair which took 2 weeks & they even gave the camera a sensor clean at no cost.The repair time was even shorter than expected I was originally quoted 3wks.So all in all hats off to Canon.

Regards Steve.

Very cheekily and a long time ago I had a drinking mug and other freebies from Olympus after purchasing an O M 1 body and some lenses in their system. When I changed over to Canon autofocus in the late 1980's I asked if Canon could match the Olympus offer from this much earlier period and ended up with a polo shirt embroidered with a Canon logo which I still wear as often as possible. Nice one Canon! :hi:

stevo said:
Just recieved my eos 10D back from repair which took 2 weeks & they even gave the camera a sensor clean at no cost.The repair time was even shorter than expected I was originally quoted 3wks.So all in all hats off to Canon.

Regards Steve.

Hi Steve
I am thinking of buying a 10D later this year and I am curious what fault your 10D developed, hope you don't mind me asking.

Roy.

Hi Roy

Don`t worry to much the problem was I managed to get some muck/dust on the focussing screen,this happened when I was changing lenses & basically the muck wouldn`t come off.So to be on the safe side I sent the camera back to Canon & they put a new focussing screen on for me & as the camera is still under warranty they didn`t charge me.

Regards Steve.

stevo said:
Hi Roy

Don`t worry to much the problem was I managed to get some muck/dust on the focussing screen,this happened when I was changing lenses & basically the muck wouldn`t come off.So to be on the safe side I sent the camera back to Canon & they put a new focussing screen on for me & as the camera is still under warranty they didn`t charge me.

Regards Steve.

Thank you Steve, that does make me feel better because I may purchase from the Caribbean or the States again unless the price falls before November. I have brought cameras before outside of UK been lucky so far they ran the full warrantee 3 of them are still working ok.

Regards,

Roy.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back