• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

GF1 - Stacked Lenses? (1 Viewer)

gergrd

GREG
I saw this interesting article about the GF1 using "stacked lenses."

http://www.photoxels.com/panasonic-gf1-as-youve-never-seen-it/

A variety of pictures are included in the post, including a picture of the camera with "stacked lenses", some good Kingfisher pics and a few other bird pictures. The article is in Japanese (Google translation is spotty) and I can't figure out what is really going on (other than the photographer appears to get good quality, high magnification via this technique). I've never heard of lens stacking, but if anyone can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it.

That is a GF1 being used with a BORG 60ED telescope lens and several adapters of unknown purpose (other than to make it look "cool').

BORG is definitely on the cutting edge of products for dslr digiscoper. They have a secret lens kit code named 2010X2 in development that is producing some superb pics. No idea what it is but I suspect they have figured out how to do true auto-focus between a telescope lens and Panasonic micro 4/3 camera.

Rick

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back